Thursday, July 24, 2008

5 Free Online Editors

Editors and word processors are personal things. Some people like command line editors like vi and others hate them. Some people want a GUI but want it to just sort of sit there, others want bells and whistles.


I like online editors because I use a lot of different computers. I tend to store text documents and source code on-line. That way it doesn't matter where I am, I always have my documents and source code available to me (as long as I have an internet connection).


Here are a few different editors (all available online) for you to try. I've run into quite a few editors (amongst other sites) that require MSIE. All of the links below will work with Firefox.


Big Huge Labs Writer - Nice, clean editor. Keyboard short cuts. Auto save. Simple, elegant. Distraction free writing.


Edit Pad - Very bare bones. Blank screen. Just start typing. If easy and free is your type, this is your editor.


Google Docs - Full featres, MS Office compatible, word processer. All the bells and whistles. Now with offline support.


Dark Copy - Another distraction free editor. Small area or full screen.


JavaScript VI - It doesn't get any more painful than this. If you hate VI, do not click this link. If you love VI, now you can access it from any computer.




Technorati : , ,

3 comments:

krishna kashyap av said...

Hey great information about editing.. Its a rare information..\
Work from home

Chris said...

thanks

www.freefreebies.org
Free Freebies

Post Free Ads Listing said...

This is by far one of the most recommended list of online editors.
Thanks.

Regards,
Sheila
Post Free Ads